Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Why we chose NWSD by Kalib Monroe



Fashion was always the number one choice. There was no plan A or plan B. the only plan was fashion. I guess you might say our plan “B “was North West School of Design. So what makes one decide to go to an institution?

While college rankings by respected publications should never be dismissed, they certainly shouldn’t be the only factor in your decision making process. Selecting the right college is one of the most important choices you’ll ever make, and your decision should be comprehensive: does a school meet your academic, financial, social, and other personal needs? If so, then it could be the right school for you – even if it isn’t at the top of a college rankings list.  



So what should you do? Stick to the rankings? Which rankings: Those that measure the quality of teaching? The quality of research? The best program in your intended major? The most accessible professors?


Ever since I was little there have always been two careers that have sparked my interest and that I’ve wanted to pursue. The first career is designing, which I got from my grandmother. She really enjoyed sewing and loved creating new pieces.  We’ve always been really close and she’s inspired me to not only become a designer, but to attend NWSD as well. She is the one person in my family whom I have a lot in common with, and it would mean so much to me if I could follow in her footsteps. It would be comforting to know that if I ever had any questions with my classes or even the campus; help from someone I was close to would be just a phone call away. My second career choice is to become a teacher.

Many of the teachers I’ve had in the past have made it quite clear that their job is rewarding and interesting. My one goal in life is to just find something that I would love to do for the rest of my life and stick with it, and that would definitely be accomplished if I went into the education field. I love working with people and could absolutely see myself as being a teacher.


Designing is what NWSD is highly known for, and that is why NWSD would fit my needs for a college perfectly. Not only would NWSD help me accomplish my educational goals in life, but I already feel at home there. I’ve visited NWSD many times with my parents and friends, so I know my way around the campus extremely well. This would make adjusting to a new home far easier than at any other college. I feel that the easier I adjust to my new home, the more successful I would be my first year. 


Fortunately, I already had many friends who attend NWSD, and truthfully, I knew I would have a great experience there. Obtaining my qualification, being comfortable with the campus, and being involved are all things that would contribute to motivating me to work hard. No other college compares to NWSD in my mind and it is without a doubt where I would recommend any aspiring designer to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment